There is nothing more patriotic than flying the American flag from your home or business, but did you know there is such a thing as “flag etiquette”? Most people know the basics of the U.S. Flag Code, but there is always some confusion about certain aspects of it. Take it from one of the nation’s most well established flag stores offering American USA flags for sale, and learn how to fly the stars and stripes properly.
- According to federal law, the American flag should be flown according to these guidelines.
- Always make sure your flag is lit up, either by the sun or by artificial light.
- Unless your flag is designated for inclement weather, it should only be flown under fair skies.
- While it is perfectly fine to decorate your home with red, white and blue bunting, be sure the blue bunting is always on top.
- The flag should not be used on a seat cushion, nor should it be used on handkerchiefs, boxes or napkins or any other disposable paper products,
- Except for an American flag patch, the flag should not be part of a costume or an athletic uniform’s design.
- When the flag is lowered, it should never touch the ground. It should be received by hand and folded neatly.
- A flag that is torn or shredded by the elements should not be flown until it is properly mended. A badly damaged flag should be destroyed by burning, but only in a dignified manner.
- When the flag is suspended over a street, it should be hung vertically with the “union” to the north on an east/west street and to the east on a north/south street.
- A flag that is flown at half-staff must first be raised to the top of the flagpole and then lowered to half staff. It should also be raised to the top before it is lowered at the end of the day.
Learning these tips before you start searching for American USA flags for sale may determine the type of flags you buy. FLAGPRO.com is the web site for the Advertising Flag Company, a well-known manufacturer and purveyor of fine flags since 1936. They have an unparalleled selection of American USA flags for sale at new lower prices.