Flags of Our Country 10 Desk Flag Set, 4″ X 6″
A boxed desk flag set of 10 flags with base is a comprehensive collection of miniature flags designed for display on a desk or tabletop. The set typically includes ten different flags, each representing a specific theme, country, or organization, along with a sturdy wood base to hold the flags securely.
Set of 10 flags including St. George Cross, King’s Colors, British Red Ensign, Continental, Gadsden, Grand Union, Betsy Ross, Bennington, and Star Spangled Banner by Annin Flagmakers.
1 in stock (can be backordered)
The Historical Flags of our Country desk flag set showcases a collection of flags that represent the history and heritage of the USA. The set typically includes multiple miniature flags, each with a unique design and significance.
The set include the following flags:
1. St George Cross: The flag of England, commonly referred to as the St. George’s Cross, consists of a red cross on a white field. The red cross represents the patron saint of England, Saint George, who is known for his legendary defeat of a dragon.
2. Gadsden: The desk flag features the iconic Gadsden flag, a symbol associated with American independence and freedom. The flag consists of a bright yellow field with a coiled rattlesnake in the center, positioned horizontally.
3. Betsy Ross: The desk flag represents a historical design attributed to Betsy Ross, an American seamstress who is said to have sewn the first American flag during the American Revolutionary War
4. Bennington: The desk flag represents the historic Battle of Bennington, a significant engagement during the American Revolutionary War.
5. Star Spangled Banner: When Vermont and Kentucky were admitted to the Union, Congress added a stripe and a star to the flag for each of them. This flag of 15 stars and 15 stripes waved over Fort McHenry when the British Navy attacked on the night of September 13, 1814.
6. King’s Colors: The Kings Colors table top desk flag refers to the historical flag of the British monarchy. It features the design known as the Royal Standard or Royal Standard of the United Kingdom.
7. British Red Ensign: The Red Ensign or “Red Duster” is a flag that originated in the early 17th century as an ensign flown by the Royal Navy. The precise date of its first appearance is not known, but surviving receipts indicate that the Navy was paying to have such flags sewn during the 1620s. It is currently used as the civil ensign of the United Kingdom.
8. Continental: It is claimed that the Continental Flag with a red field and the pine tree on the white canton, was one of the banners carried by the American troops, who, on that memorable day of June 17, 1775, fought it out with British Regulars on the grassy slopes of Bunker Hill and three times stopped the British charge.
9. Grand Union: The Grand Union table top desk flag, also known as the Continental Colors, represents an early flag used by American colonists during the American Revolutionary War. It is considered one of the precursors to the current American flag.
10. 50-Star Old Glory: The flag features thirteen alternating red and white horizontal stripes, representing the original thirteen colonies that formed the United States. In the upper left corner, known as the canton, there is a blue field with fifty white stars arranged in a grid formation. These stars represent the fifty states of the country.
The Historical Flags of our Country table top desk flag set allows individuals to display and appreciate the diverse historical flags associated with the Republic’s rich heritage and identity.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.